Condominium and Homeowner Associations
As a member of the Board of Directors for Riviera Isles Master Association, Inc., Ms. Valdes has significant knowledge and experience advising and counseling condominium and homeowner associations on all aspects involving the operation of a community association. As a former bank attorney, Ms. Valdes has also handled hundreds of actions initiated by condominium and homeowner associations, including foreclosure and quiet title actions. Contact Valdes Law Firm, P.A. online or by calling (954) 764-7878 if your Board needs help with any community issues.
The types of services that Valdes Law Firm, P.A provides to condominium and homeowner association clients include, but are not limited to:
- Collection of delinquent assessments, including filing Claims of Lien and handling foreclosure actions
- Counseling regarding compliance with and the application of federal, state and local laws that impact the operation of condominium and homeowner associations
- Interpretation, amendment, and enforcement of governing documents, such as Declaration of Condominium, Declaration of Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions, the Articles of Incorporation, the Bylaws of the Association and the rules and regulations
- Assisting the Board of Directors on fiscal matters, such as budgeting, levying special assessments, and establishing reserves.
- Drafting and reviewing contracts for the management, maintenance, repair and operation of the community
At Valdes Law Firm, P.A., our collections practice is a lot more than demand letters and liens – it is a relentless pursuit of justice for our condominium and HOA clients. We understand that assessments are the life blood of an association and that generally, revenues generated from assessments are the only source of income an association has. Valdes Law Firm, P.A. strives to aggressively pursue the collection of delinquent assessments as efficiently and affordably as possible.
Enforcement of Association Rules
Quiet, well maintained, uniform communities appear newer and more desirable to buyers, which in turn, maintains property values. The timely, uniform, and consistent enforcement of association rules and regulations are an essential function of any condominium or homeowners association.
In all communities, there are a select few homeowners or tenants who fail to abide by the association’s rules. In order to preserve property values and to maintain the integrity of community documents, violations must be corrected in a prompt and consistent manner. Valdes Law Firm, P.A. can counsel your board on all of the enforcement tools available under your condominium/HOA documents and Florida law, including fines, suspension of the use of rights, eviction, pre-suit mediation, arbitration and litigation. It is important to follow proper procedure in covenant enforcement and it is highly advisable to consult with a knowledgeable attorney before taking any action against a homeowner or tenant. Florida law has specific requirements for imposing fines and suspensions, and failure to follow the correct procedure can expose the board to liability.
Contract Drafting and Review
Your community deserves legal representation when it comes to negotiating the best deal on your contracts, and Valdes Law Firm, P.A. can help you. We can review, negotiate, and draft all types of contracts for your association.
Contact Valdes Law Firm, P.A. online or by calling (954) 764-7878 to find out how we can assist your condominium or homeowner association.
- 1 Free Initial Consultation
- 2 Hablamos Español
- 3 Skilled Representation in a Broad Range of Areas